Skip to main content

Tiger’s Quest by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Quest


The second book of the Tiger’s Curse series, Tiger’s Quest, is one of those books that I cannot fully express my thoughts; how I feel about the book. I really love this book more and it was better than Tiger’s Curse
 
I can’t think about how to write about this book without spoilers. So I am going to write about it in shorten. 
 
The plot was very attractive and unique as the first book; I think it’s better than the first book.  Though the start was bit slowly, I really liked the twists and turns in this book. There were lots and lots of description about the history, mythology and India.  Those were fascinating and glued me to the book. I really like the twist of the love story and it kept me out the story from boring.
 
We can read more about the main villain in this book and the battles were started. Lokesh was really a very spine-chilling character. The one character I really loved in this book is Kishan. I like his personality more than Ren’s. I like his changing of attitude and the way he loves Kelsey. In the end I really felt bad about him, it would have been better if Kishan could find his soul mate, Kelsey or another girl, in next books of the series. The love triangle between Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan reminds me of The Vampire Diaries.
 
All in all, Tiger’s Quest is AWESOME. I am completely and totally in love with this series. I’ve ordered the Tiger’s Voyage and can’t wait to read it. If you are a fan of mythology, magic, adventure, and romance, you will surely enjoy this book. 

Some Quotes from Tiger’s Quest;

You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world.


 


One's enemy is often the best teacher of tolerance.


 


If a king owned a pearl without price, a gem he cherished above all. Would he hide it away, bury it from sight afraid others would take it? Or would he display it proudly, set it in a ring or crown, so that all the world could behold its beauty and see what richness it brings to his life? You are my pearl without price.


 


I find that all people are fundamentally alike. We are one human family. Perhaps we have different clothes, our skin is of a different color, or we speak various languages, but that is on the surface only. We all have dreams and seek for things that will bring true happiness. To know all the world, I just need to learn about myself.

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Comments

  1. I have a lot of friends that are totally in love with this series, but I never really knew whether or not I wanted to start it. Seeing your positive reviews makes me want to read this series a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

After being frozen for half a century, Cap is back to save the world. Welcome back Captain America for your second solo, “save the world” battle. When I saw the first trailer of Captain America: The Winter Soldier I was so excited and couldn’t wait till it hit the cinema, though the first Captain America movie isn’t in my “fantastic movies” list. It has been two years since the New York battle and Steve Rogers is slowly adapting to the modern world of digital era. The black and white world he used to live no longer exists, no one can clearly separate the good guys from the bad guys. It seems that his superior Nick Fury also has his own agenda and Steve cannot trust anyone. With the death of Nick Fury, Captain becomes a fugitive and teams up with Black Widow and Falcon, and with few people he knows he can trust, to unravel the conspiracy that has been hidden behind the S.H.I.E.L.D for nearly 70 years. Steve Rogers is a trustworthy military veteran who always va

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

I must confess that I didn’t just like this book, I loved this book. Deborah Harkness’s A Discovery of Witches is a mixture of fantasy, history, science and romance, which is a perfect read for me. In this fascinating world of A Discovery of Witches , vampires, witches and daemons have to live without interfering into human lives while hiding their true nature from people and pretending as humans. Thus, different creatures have to live separately from each other and it is forbidden to associate with different groups since humans become suspicious when these different creatures blend. Diana Bishop, a witch, is falling in love with Mathew Clermont, a vampire, in this forbidden world after discovering a long lost manuscript that contains the origin and the evolution of all creations. Diana and Mathew have to protect themselves from the congregation of creatures while learning to control the great power that Diana possesses without her knowledge. The research on h

Orphan Black – How Many of Us Are There?

When I found out about this new show, Orphan Black, it has already aired the first season. But I am glad that I got to enjoy the entire season without any interruption. It is hard to wait week after week to get answers for the questions and satisfy the curiosity, when watching a TV series like Orphan Black. Surprisingly I enjoyed this show more than any of the sci-fi TV series I have ever watched and I have never got bored for a second. Sarah Manning witnesses a woman, who looks like her (Beth), jump in front of a train while she was returning to States to reclaim her daughter. Sarah assumes her dead doppelganger’s identity and lands in the middle of a huge human cloning conspiracy. The story elaborates the ethical issues and impact of human cloning. One of the strongest elements of this show is its cast, to be more specific, the leading performer who portrays Sarah Manning and her other clones, Tatiana Maslany, is brilliant. She can disappear into a role so deep